Re: [ARSCLIST] Dylan's "Great White Wonder" - query

I have in front of me the original TMOQ release,of 'The Great White Wonder''.This issue one is the one on green and blue vinyl,and one of those that sells for big money on eBay.There is another version that has one record in orange,and another in either red or yellow vinyl.This has the same songs,as the one you list,but the sides are in different order.

According to the slipsheet,the sides that are from ''The Basement Tapes'',are side four,and part of side two,of your version. ''New Orleans Rag'' is from The Whitmark Tapes (1963),''Go Now'',and ''Killing Me Alive'',are 1965 outtakes. ''Hobo'',and the Pete Seeger interview were done for WBAI,in September of 1961.''Quinn'',and ''This Wheel's On Fire'',were recorded on June 7,1969,for Johnny Cash's TV show.Side 1 you list here was ''Recorded in Minnesota,on December 22,1961'',as was everything on side 3 (except the interview).

                                    Roger
Steve Abrams <steve.abrams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: The track information for the original lp release in 1969 is

Side One:
Candy Man
Ramblin' 'Round
Black cross
Ain't Got No Home
Death of Emmett Till
Poor Lazarus

Side two:
New Orleans Rag
If You Gotta Go, Go Now
Only a Hobo
Sitting On a Barbed Wire Fence
Mighty Quinn (take 1)
This Wheel's On Fire

Side three:
Baby Please Don't Go
Interview by Pete Seeger
Dink's Song
See That My Grave Is Kept Clean
East Orange New Jersey
Man of Constant Sorrow

Side four:
I Shall Be Released
Open The Door, Homer (take 1)
Too Much of Nothing (take 2)
Nothing Was Delivered (take 1)
Tears of Rage (take 2)
Living the Blues

The last two tracks on side 2 and side four except for the last track are
taken from the Basement Tapes.  The original versions of the basement tapes
were acetates circulated by Dylan himself.  This was done to establish
copyright, in late 67 or early 68.  Dylan sent a copy to Mick Jagger, who
gave it to his brother Chris, who gave it to me.  I gave it to Jeff Dexter,
who played it at the UFO club in London.  He gave it to John Peel, who
played it on the radio.

sa