Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital Audio Preservation Question

Tom,

Converting an accessioned archival MP3 file to WAV doesn't, in an of itself,
mean creating
a 24/96 derivative. And it sounds to me like you're jumping to that
conclusion.

In this case (Martha's original point), the issue is readability in the
future: 10, 20, 50 years down
the road. Of course, my guess is as good as anyone else's here but, i think
conversion to WAV
(16/44.1) still sounds like a pretty good idea..

Brandon.

Right, Richard, I read the original post. I was commenting about lossy