Re: [ARSCLIST] NY Times: Researchers Play Tune Recorded before Edison

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

the initiative described in the NYT really merits the highest praise!

If anybody wants to read what Edouard-Léon Scott actually wrote in his
handwritten French patents in 1857 and 1859, I published the first
translation ever into English in May 2007, in the Audio Engineering Society
Conference Preprint 7007. There you will also find reference to his sealed
letter at the French Academy of Sciences.

The translation alone may be read for free at Patrick Feaster's Phonozoic
website:

http://www.phonozoic.net/Scott-patents-translation+notes.pdf

Kind regards,

George