Re: [ARSCLIST] Liberty Music Shop - Beatrice Lillie

Actually, I did the Pearl (Flapper) Lillie CD. Sound quality was about par for Pearl at that time..my instructions were "as much de-noising as humanly possible" with the tools available at that time, which consisted of a razor blade. To use CEDAR meant to go to the one place in Toronto that had one of the early units, The Lacquer Channel, and pay them $3 for each minute of material I wanted processed.

I think I wrote the liner notes for that one..if I didn't, Greg Gormick did.

dl

Nigel Barrett wrote:
Pearl in England did a cd issue a few years ago which I have-sound quality
Pearl 78 transfers  to cd not always great however.The notes are good-can't
recall if my friend ,the late Stuart Upton did them-he sold me 30 of his
rare British 78's on cassettes material before he died around 1998.
The Lillie story interesting.Lady Peel-son killed Colombo ,now Sri
Lanka during WW2-my father was stationed in Trincomalee nearby.
The OLD CODGER on www.wfmu.org plays a bit of her 78's too.

NIGEL IN BANGKOK