Re: [ARSCLIST] ultrasonic bath for records

Why not just use a VPI or the machine Graham Newton sells?

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Nauck" <nauck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] ultrasonic bath for records

I have a large ultrasonic tank which would accommodate anything. However, I am concerned about labels.

I envision a spit with multiple records separated by spacers, driven slowly by a stepped down electric motor. As far as the solution is concerned, maybe the LC cleaning formula, perhaps with some extra Fotoflow. With enough Fotoflow, the liquid should quickly recede from the advancing side of the disc, thereby preventing liquid from dripping down the face of the label. What do you think?

Kurt Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389