Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital File Specs and StoryCorps

Hi Richard/All:

Richard, your list of bias frequencies inspired an hour-long trip into the service manuals files. Here are some more machines for your list, all bias frequencies listed in the service manuals:

Reel-to-reels:
Technics 1500/1506/1520 -- 120kHz
Tascam 32/44-OB -- 150kHz
(note -- I expect this would also be the bias frequency of the last-generation 8-track 1/2-inch Tascam, I believe the 48-OB)

Cassettes:
Tascam 122 -- 100kHz
Nakamichi MR-1 -- 105kHz

Also, 150kHz bias for the Ampex AG-440B and I am pretty sure the 440C given that part numbers and values on the bias/power boards appear to be the same around the oscillator.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>