Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital File Specs and StoryCorps

Hi Guys:

What are the bias frequencies of cassettes? Did it vary by manufacturer or was there a standard? Did it vary by tape type? Sorry if these are ignorant questions. Richard will know where I'm going here ...

Does any cassette playback system stand a chance of reproducing bias so Jamie Haworth's Plangent Process can be used on it?

-- Tom Fine

PS -- aside from reproducing bias, I agree with Richard that, in my experience, there is no useful audio information on the typical cassette that you can't capture with 44.1/16 digitization.