From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:15 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] George Bernard Shaw recording

Hopefully someone follows the fate of spoken-word recordings ...

George Bernard Shaw made a 2-disk 78 set in 1927 as part of the
Linguaphone series called "Spoken
English and Broken English."  Kurt Nauck had a copy up for auction:
http://www.78rpm.com/images/auction/4172_BShawLinguiphon.gif
as part of this lot:
http://www.78rpm.com/auction/highs.htm

Was this album ever released in a modern format, either an LP or CD?

-- Tom Fine