[ARSCLIST] More supermarket records, more mysteries

So there was the Webster Library of the World's Greatest Music, and there was the Standard Treasury of the World's Greatest Music. Each with 16 records which you had to keep coming back and buying because one work would be continued on next week's disc, and each one eventually ending up in a binder. I have a half Webster set and a complete Standard set, and until I looked at both (in my lockup) I thought they were the same. Definitely not. The Webster set is obviously from Remingtons, but where did the Standard source come from? Vox? Vanguard? Concert Hall? Any source they could find? All remastered and pressed by RCA, by the way.

I suspect David Bonner will have the answer (and I suspect that it might be in his fabulous book about YPR, which has already surprised me on many other topics).

dl