Re: [ARSCLIST] fwd: Christmas compilation, request

Okay..album identified, and a copy found via GEMM and purchased by the requester. Thanks to all who helped!

David Lennick wrote:
This appeared on 78-C. Anyone know the album? dl

I'm looking for a 33 rpm LP I bought about 25 years ago, while living in Los Angeles. It was a Christmas album called something like Christmas With the Stars. There are several other LP's (and now CD's) out there with the same title, though they're not the one I'm looking for.

The LP I'm looking for has several recordings on it that are, apparently, nowhere to be found in print and I've tried. Among them are Il Est Ne, Le Divin Enfant by the French singer Edith Piaf; O Holy Night by Robert Merrill (made before a live audience during WW II, I think); O Come All Ye Faithful by Judy Garland: and a song called Isn't It a Shame that Christmas Comes But Once a Year by Jimmy Durante.

I'd have thought that everything Edith Piaf, Robert Merrill and Judy Garland (three of the most famous singers of the last 100 years) had ever recorded would be available in print somewhere, but apparently not so. (The recording of O Holy Night by Merrill with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, which I have on CD, isn't the same recording and isn't as good, imho).

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might be able to buy a copy of this LP in good or better condition?

I've been looking for this particular LP off and on for several years now, without success.

Any and all ideas are greatly apprecited.

Thanks a bunch.

Tom