Re: [ARSCLIST] Discographies

Steve Abrams wrote:
I happen to believe that in ten years time Pavarotti will be virtually forgotten. He was a third rate singer with a second rate voice. The Tom Jones of the opera world. (He even performed with Tom Jones.)

We have some disagreement, then. He will be remembered indefinitely for a beautiful instrument used with solid if not exceptional technique. Even more to the point (and to the above Subject), he will be remembered for a rich discography. His limitations as a musician and as an actor will become more significant to his memory as time passes and his last years benefitted only his bank account, but he'll be remembered.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/