Re: [ARSCLIST] Transcription sleeves, was Re: [ARSCLIST] Boxes for album sets

Yup. Much better price, but those are oversized and with flaps. I want plain paper sleeves, with a hole. If I have two thousand transcriptions that need sleeves, you can be sure that I'm not going to spend weeks cleaning them, I just want them covered. Even newspaper does a good job..I have a bunch that I bought from Tom at Royal Garden Records in Cleveland years ago and we wrapped them in paper at the time and they've held up perfectly.

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Bags Unlimited sells acid-free 16" record sleeves @ 16 for $25.00

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=586

Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I just spoke to Mr. Cabco again, this time about transcription sleeves. How many people would be interested if he could get someone to manufacture plain paper sleeves, 16 1/2 inches square, with a hole, for a moderate price (this didn't get to figures yet)? He carries the acid free variety that the Library of Congress uses (or used..apparently he got the overrun) but those are over 2 bucks apiece and I just want something simple for the thousands of vinyl transcriptions from radio station libraries etc that are lying open or in tattered remnants. He'd probably need a minimum run of ten thousand, maybe twenty thousand, but I bet we could get enough orders among us to cover that.

Anyway, no promises, but he said he'd ask and get back to me soon.

David Lennick wrote:
Okay, gang, they exist..I just spoke to the proprietor (who obviously doesn't consider this his main business and who answers the phone by saying the phone #). Business is WAY down, he says, the website hasn't been touched in years (5, we already knew that), the 1-888 number is no longer in effect (I found that out when I called it and got an auto parts company), BUT they're alive and they take all credit cards and promised to get a shipment out the door tomorrow. I may actually see it on Friday if he uses something other than UPS Ground.

And he had 3/4" and 1/2" boxes in stock..I ordered ten of each.

Call 614 267 8468.

dl

D. Blake Werts wrote:
The version of the price list that the link carries me to has a date of "Aug 2002". See the top of the last page.

- Blake

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine"