Re: [ARSCLIST] Mould/Mold

Sure Steve - it does need to download 51.37MB
http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~anagpic/2006pdf/2006ANAGPIC_Thurn.pdf

Cheers
Marie

Marie O'Connell
Analogue Tape Preservation Archivist
Sound Archives/Nga Taonga Korero
PO Box 1531
Radio New Zealand House
Level 1, 51 Chester Street West
Christchurch
Phone  +64 3 374 8443
Fax  + 64 3 374 8448
www.soundarchives.co.nz

>>> cskoto@xxxxxxxxxxx 23/01/2008 4:14 p.m. >>>
Marie, I'd be interested in reading the paper you mentioned from the
Kilgarlin Ctr.. I looked at their site and didn't see a listing.
Could I ask you for a link or a way to get a copy for myself?
Thanks
Steve
On Jan 22, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Marie OConnell wrote:

> Kia Ora
>
> I would like to know if any archive, university or facility dealing
> with analogue tape and laquer discs, including vinyl, have ever done
> study related to the different types of mould/mold that can affect
> this
> media.  For instance, is there a particular type of mould/mold that
is
> more likely to affect AMPEX 456 as opposed to AGFA PEM 469 or
> EMITAPE 4?
>  Or, is it safe to assume that the mould/mold is the same even if
it's
> current state may be dormant?
>
> I already have a paper written by Jim Thurn from the Kilgarlin
Center