Re: [ARSCLIST] Ampex ATR-102 opinion (was MD5 Hash Generators

The Dunn paper involved tests.  I don't recall if these were double-blind
ABX or some other form, but it was somewhat academic in methodology and
scope.  Has anyone done double-blind ABX tests on De-Gaussing a CD versus
not?
What about on Smudging the room (or not)?  Should the Shaman be also a
Healer?  There may be skewed results in the Scientific approach, but isn't
that what we're trying to get away from? (:  Seriously, Dr. Who talked about
a race who were intelligent enough, but who spent all of their time trying
to escape what they felt was the trap of Rational thought.  Maybe these mods
are rituals for returning to the original (ultimately Enlightened) way of
hearing, rather than for us to expect a static, Absolute performance upgrade
achievement.  We wouldn't be able to appreciate that at all times, anyway.
Now, where are those beer goggles? (:   (Now, Hash generators...)

_andrew