To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Discographical puzzle

Hi Steve,

3546 [original, no -R] has matrices A 612 and A 1186 for Boughton and Martin, respectively, published April, 1925 (apparently no logs survive to tell rec. date)

3546-R [copy also at Yale] is as you list: matrices are as you and the book about Columbia 10-inch discs agree, Boughton recorded Aug. 26, 1926, Martin rec. Aug. 31, 1926. Columbias this age do not usually show take numbers in the dead wax, so you're lucky this one did on one side. The "R" does normally indicate a remake or replacement.

Best, Richard