Re: [ARSCLIST] Pancake horror story

The man with plenty of good peanuts is giving his neighbor none.
He shan't have any of my peanuts when his peanuts are gone.
Oh that'll be joyful, joyful,
Oh that'll be joyful, when his peanuts are gone.

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Hey,those of us who receive peanuts from other people,have to get rid of them somehow...

Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Omigod, please don't get me started on peanuts. I order from eBay regularly and buy from most of the major auction dealers, and I scream long and loud when I have to open a large package of 78s buried in peanuts, which have become charged and fragmented and have gotten in between the discs (and all over hell's half acre as I try and remove a 20 pound hockey puck of 78s). If I had the power to uninvent anything, it would be a tossup between the jewel case and styrofoam peanuts, but ultimately the peanuts would win. (All the dealer has to do is wrap something..anything..newspaper, bubble wrap, saran wrap, a grocery bag, around the discs ..but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!)

dl

Robert J Hodge wrote:
And peanuts compress and fracture when used to pack anything weighty,
becoming a totally useless mess.

And Tom's previously mentioned problem with static electricity cling is 110% true! Even if the desirable materials are bagged before packing.
Don't use them !!!

Bob Hodge