To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 5:19 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] paper/cardboard records/paper tape

If you're talking about actual paper-based audiotape, that was produced for MANY years, and the original tape used by German Radio in the 1930s was paper based. We bought our first tape recorder in 1950 and fed it Scotch 100 and 101 and an equivalent brand of AudioTape (1221?) for 4 or 5 years.

dl

Dan Nelson wrote:
Does  1/4" craft paper tape coated with magnetic
particles count as a paper  recording medium ?
Yea in the  late 40s there were attempts to produce
mag tape on a paper back.
Almost as bad as the company in Los Angeles in the
early 50s who used  cellophane Mothers Cookies over
run web stock and reslit it to 1/4" tape   brown oxide
on one side and purple printing on the other,  it was
quite a laugh. dnw

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ