Re: [ARSCLIST] paper/cardboard records/paper tape

Sure am!!!   i still have couple rolls of  Scotch 100
paper stock with gray oxide...  I wonder if that stuff
still records ???
I used it on a Brush sound mirror and then a
Pentron...  amazing i can remember 50 years ago but
where did i put my coffee cup 5 min ago!!

dnw
--- David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you're talking about actual paper-based
> audiotape, that was produced for
> MANY years, and the original tape used by German
> Radio in the 1930s was paper
> based. We bought our first tape recorder in 1950 and
> fed it Scotch 100 and 101
> and an equivalent brand of AudioTape (1221?) for 4
> or 5 years.
>
> dl
>
> Dan Nelson wrote:
> > Does  1/4" craft paper tape coated with magnetic
> > particles count as a paper  recording medium ?
> > Yea in the  late 40s there were attempts to
> produce
> > mag tape on a paper back.
> > Almost as bad as the company in Los Angeles in the
> > early 50s who used  cellophane Mothers Cookies
> over
> > run web stock and reslit it to 1/4" tape   brown
> oxide
> > on one side and purple printing on the other,  it
> was
> > quite a laugh.
> >
> > dnw

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and