Re: [ARSCLIST] vinyl 78's

Tom Fine wrote:
What's the history of vinyl 78's? I have a small pile from I think the very early 50's, these are pop and country tunes. Was vinyl used for 78's in any mass quantities previous to when vinyl LPs were mass-manufactured? The "newest" vinyl 78's I know of are kiddie records pressed in the mid-60's. Aside from novelty stuff, was the medium used after the mid-60's?

The newest vinyl 78's of which I'm aware are those still being pressed for Historic Masters Ltd. ("78" does not mean that they play at 78 rpm, of course, but that they are intended for players suitable for true 78-rpm discs.) Their last offering was in 2007.
http://www.historicmasters.org/

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx