Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-R question

Longevity depends on process design and control by the media manufacturer.
Capacity affects as-recorded quality.

The real issue is with the read drives (players) and write drives. Current
drives are often tweaked to function with 80 min. discs. Older drives may
struggle.

A similar issue exists with high speed discs, commonly available today, and
conventional 1X-4X discs that are rare. Both are sensitive to read/write
drives.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.