Re: [ARSCLIST] Early Mercury LP

In a message dated 1/2/2008 7:57:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  tflists@BEVE
RAGE-DIGEST.COM writes:

What  you're holding there is pre-history! Is that studio and production
information  on the cover or
did you find it somewhere? I don't recall my father ever  mentioning he got
"producer" credits on
anything.

The item was printed on the lower left of the back cover.  Perehaps I
overstated his position.  It begins, "Engineer Robert Fine wea in charge of  these
recordings made at the Reeves Beaux Arts Studios in New York City in  1947.  It
gives the specs: "an audio range even from 30 to 12,000  cycles-per-second."

It sounds fine (no pun intended).  My hearing cannot detect the  nuances I
once heard 40 years ago.  Hence, 78s sound better and better as I  lose my highs!

Don Chichester