Re: [ARSCLIST] polyester or acetate?

I have had the same experience. At least some acetate film will not be translucent.

Also, some very thin acetate tapes are barely translucent.

Marcos

Alan Lewis wrote:
Several years ago, when I worked at the U.S. National Archives, we tried this "piped light test" with a few motion picture film stocks. We did not find that acetate stock will pipe light and polyester stock won't in all the samples we tried. We concluded that maybe the photographic emulsion coated on the base material had something to do with light transmission but never did any organized testing with all kinds of emulsions (color, b/w, negative, positive, mag stripe) on the two base types.
Alan Lewis
Washington, DC

**************************************See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)