Re: [ARSCLIST] Eric Coates on Parlophone

Repeating the question..any thoughts?

David Lennick wrote, Dec. 13:
Can anyone put a date to PARLOPHONE PMD 1004, Eric Coates conducting the London and London Again Suites? This isn't in any of my Parlophone catalogues for 1951-54, but this thing sounds as if it's dubbed from 78 masters..which is odd, since Coates had already recorded both suites for Columbia. In infinitely better sound, by the way, with a better orchestra. (Hmm, I just heard a splice go by. That still doesn't account for all the wow.)

dl