Re: [ARSCLIST] Paris Opera Unearths 100-Year-Old Recordings by Melba, Caruso, Others

Don, yuou wrote,

These are presumably copies of the standard commecial discs, rather than
special recordings made for the purpose.

At least it will be nice to have a few mint copies, provided EMI
engineers can do a good transfer.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As of 1907 the Gramophone Company was manufacturing discs for normal shipment, issue, and sale from materials that were quite capable of standing up to quite a few pounds pressure, and to quite a bit of knocking around.  I have in my own experience had occasiona to let slip from my hands a stack of as many as 7 or 8 G&T records, with no mishaps whatsover.

Howard Friedman