Re: [ARSCLIST] Folkways Reissues

At 12/16/2007 02:54 PM, Tom Fine wrote:
What I was wanting is for the LOC to unlock and make available all of the audio it recorded and released in the LP era. Pricing similar to Folkways and Cook would be just fine. What I was strongly objecting to is that this material is unavailable, not that it might need to be sold at a nominal market cost.

It's my understanding that the LoC expects to make much of their Recorded Sound collections more widely available when activity at the new Packard Campus gets rolling. I would assume that they will have a way to distribute those old LPs, along with a lot of other material.

But they opened the place just a couple of months ago. It will take some time to get all of their projects up and running.

John Ross