Re: [ARSCLIST] Lossy compression losing quality (was Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio and the Milllennials . . .)

It looks like there are several phono-to-USB preamps that might be good enough for serious transfer work:

Pro-Ject Phono Box II USB (www.project-audio.com/min.php?prod=phonoboxusb)
ART USB Phono Plus v2 (www.artproaudio.com/products.asp?type90&cat=13&id=128)

And possibly the Bellari VP530, which is listed on the B&H web site as special order, but not on Bellari's own site.

In addition, the Stanton T90 USB turntable (street price around $300) looks like a significant step up from the Ion, Numark and Audio-Technica versions.

John Ross