Re: [ARSCLIST] "Space" on CD's...

on 12/10/07 11:54 PM US/Central, Mike Richter at mrichter@xxxxxxx wrote:

> There is a second factor. At one time, Philips specified a performance
> difference between a pressed and a home-made CD-DA. I captured that (the
> page is no longer on the original site); you may read it at
>    http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/primer/losses.htm

I think this information was taken from p. 16 of the manual for a single
Philips CD recorder, the CDD3610. The complete manual for this 1997 CD
recorder can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6893/old/cdd3610e.pdf

There is this note at the bottom of the page:

--
The somewhat reduced audio quality when playing back audio tracks on CD-R
discs has NO RELATION to the DIGITAL QUALITY of the audio tracks as they

Parker Dinkins
MasterDigital Corporation
Audio Restoration + CD Mastering
http://masterdigital.com