Re: [ARSCLIST] Pristine Audio and the Milllennials . . .

More info about plastic needles, please? This came up yesterday as well.

dl

Scott Phillips wrote:
Wow !!

Very enlightening to me !! I had not, being a tape guy, any idea that
stylus type would so change the results....

...perhaps I am putting my foot in my mouth, but the reissue seems more
'there' than the others. That said, I understand that there is a
difference between trying to reproduce what 'was' at a session and what
'was' the end listener experience. Both have a good deal of value to me.
It was in some way similar to what engineers and producers tried to
compensate for during the '50's, '60's, and '70's recordings...

What was your personal feeling about the reissue..? Just curious...
there is such a difference between getting a feel for the performance
and the live music of the time. Both are very valuable to me, I can't
speak for others...

Scott