Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio History In a Nutshell?

Certainly something from the Lionel Mapleson collection made it through all
the formats - original source, IRCC 78, IRCC LP, NYPL LP, CD and
downloadable from the NYPL site - at least it was. The pages containing the
artist bios, which held many files, are all seemingly vacant now, though
non-media pages are still active.
Starts at:
http://digilib.nypl.org/dynaweb/millennium/mapleson/@Generic__BookTextView/1
;pt=83

Off the top of my head, my guess would be either the Nordica of the Tristan
"Liebestod" or one of the Jean De Rezke cylinders would have made all the
various transitions in format.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide

Maybe music was not intended to satisfy the curious definiteness of man.
Maybe it is better to hope that music may always be transcendental language
in the most extravagant sense. ~ Charles Ives