Preprint Number:   1580    Convention:   65 (January 1980)
Author:   Griffiths, F. A.

E-lib Location: (CD aes9)   /pp7680/pp8002/1678.pdf

What was the development history at DG and Philips? Did they develop custom systems or use systems developed by others? What were their first commercially-released digital recordings?

For Decca, the first commercial recording, after experiments throughout 1978, was the 1/1/79 New Year's Day concert in Vienna by Willi Boskovsky.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

-- Tom Fine