To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Early digital in Europe

Mike Richter:

There seem to me to be three possible explanations for the acrimony:
1. Dispute for the sake of disagreement
2. A minor error propagated by both participants
3. A calendar with unique disrespect for dates

One poster cites an earliest date of 1 January 1979. The other cites
three subsequent dates - perhaps misreading them as earlier. Then we
return to the originator for a challenge which suggests that his
calendar also runs backward.

My bad.

As I am in the middle of some intense editing of a soon to be released
CD disk my brain isn´t at its best.

But I distinctly recall having at least two CD´s in my collection that
is earlier than the "New Year´s Day Concert"

Is no one reading these posts before writing? Is a Fingerfehler or a
moment of confusion a capital offense here - or may it be punished with
only forty lashes?

I have emailed former DECCA producer Morten Winding to hear what he John Dunkerly and Simon Eadon at ABBA´s records remembers from those days when they were DECCA recording engineers to put me straight.

BTW, the official viewpoint of Universal records is one thing and my
recollections are another.

Having visited the DECCA recording centre many times during the 80´s I
have talked many times with DECCA recording engineer John Dunkerly and I
have been recording engineer with DECCA producer Morten Winding
producing many times.

The ability to talk directly to the horses mouth makes for an
exceedingly refreshing experience instead of hearing the claims after
the propaganda machine have distorted the facts as they happened.

So I can be wrong indeed, wouldn´t be the first time, but let´s hear
what my sources from DECCA days back then remembers.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther