Re: [ARSCLIST] Cetra pressings

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Do you play Lps,with anything but ...?

I don't.

Roger

Mike Richter <mrichter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It is true that the Angel pressings sounded worse in the 1950s and 1960s than they do today with a good MC cartridge and elliptical stylus. But at their best they are readily distinguished from their European counterparts.

Yes, but rarely.

1. As I said, Angel LPs sounded worse in the 1950s and 1960s - when MM was the only option.

2. Some monaural LPs want a stylus radius greater than 2 mil. They get a Shure V15-II with 78-rpm stylus.

3. Occasionally a stereo LP, usually from a minor label, will do better with an AT MM than with an MC; I don't argue, just comply.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/