Re: [ARSCLIST] Cetra pressings

I frequently use a 1-mil Stanton stylus for older LPs. A necessity with Deccas, early Londons and Mercurys. Definitely conical, as far as I know (got it 7 or 8 years ago along with a few other styli when Kabusa still had them, nothing showing on the stylus or its box, so I really don't remember).

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
Do you play Lps,with anything but ...?

I don't.

Roger

Mike Richter <mrichter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It is true that the Angel pressings sounded worse in the 1950s and 1960s than they do today with a good MC cartridge and elliptical stylus. But at their best they are readily distinguished from their European counterparts.

Mike