Re: [ARSCLIST] Soviet Recordings - Discographies ? Aufon ?

 Has anybody ever attempted a complete Melodiya/CCCP/MK/Akkord/ Dolo... (whatever) discography ?  And is Aufon still in operation over there ?Aufon,was an early 90s/Yeltsin-era label,that was a successor label to Melodiya.I have an Aufon press of the 1st Led Zeppelin Lp,that turns up once in a while.The cover was printed on the backs of old Soviet government maps.cut up into 12" squares.There are also  Aufon pressings of Lps by Queen,Wings,and The Rolling Stones I am aware of.If you do a search on eBay/Amazon for "Russian CD",you see some bootlegs, but mostly US-type Russian-language pop,with no labels named anywhere.

What was the last Melodiya record issued,BTW ? The last two I have,both date from 1990.One is a fairly rare 7" EP,of Iggy Pop recorded live in Paris,in 1977,and live in Detroit,in 1980 (C92-30481),and a record of Chopin preludes,by Igor Zhukov.

Does Sony/BMG own the name "Melodiya" exclusively now ?

                                  Roger