To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:44 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Scotch Reel to Reel tape

I have come across an opportunity to purchase to new and unopened Scotch 176
and 177 quarter inch reel to reel tape.  Do these types of tape suffer from
sticky shed syndrome or any other malady that I should be aware of?  Will
these yield good quality recordings, assuming they have been stored well?

Can anybody recommend particular audio tapes that are still manufactured or
ones that aren't, but are still available in good quantity?

I will be recording on a Technics 1520 reel to reel deck in half-track
stereo that is in excellent condition.

Thanks for your help.

Sammy Jones