To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Soviet Recordings

Hello,

I am trying to gather information on the early distribution of Soviet recordings in the US.

1. What was the first recording of Soviet songs that was released in the US? (year?; label? contents?)

2. I also am trying to find more information regarding subsequent distribution of recordings of Soviet songs in the US. (Labels?; History?; Would the companies simply copy from eachother and resell under their respective labels?). Based on my research in American and Russian-American papers, it appears that Stinson and the "Am-Rus Music Corporation" were the first distributors of these records - is this true? Does anyone know anything else about this "Am-Rus" company?

3. Could anyone tell me more about the "World's Fair" recording. (Year?; Contents?; Performers?).

4. Does anyone have any suggestions for sources about early Soviet recordigs in the US?

Thank you very much.

N. Zelensky
Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. Get it now.