Re: [ARSCLIST] the origin of scratchin'

----- Original Message -----
From: "James L Wolf" <jwol@xxxxxxx>
> Your opinions speak to your limitations. That's all I have to say.

No...my opinions speak...or ARE INTENDED to speak...to the music's
limitations (although I will admit that I haven't heard EVERY recorded
or live performance of rap/hip-hop music...!). I'll also admit that
much of what I have heard is the "popular" segment of the genre...
which may, or may not, be an adequate representation of the genre's
entirety. Note, however, that I also spoke to very similar imitations
in the blues genre...where my exposure has been rather extensive!

Also, note that I am NOT speaking from a racist or anti-Black
viewpoint...! However, the harsh reality is that I am NOT Black,
nor have I ever been...and there are those who would, seeing that
fact, say that I have NO right to comment on either of the above
two genres (which I would refute, since I have played blues as a
guest artist in a south-side, essentially Black, night club on
Chicago's south side, and been complimented on my performance by
Black customers therein...?!).