[ARSCLIST] November issue of Black Grooves

The November issue of Black Grooves has now been posted at www.blackgrooves.org<http://www.blackgrooves.org>. This month we're featuring the latest Jimi Hendrix DVD release, Live from Monterey, plus several new box sets: Dust-to-Digital's four CD The Art of Field Recording, with one-of-a-kind performances of country blues, folk and gospel; the new Luther Vandross four CD tribute Love, Luther; and Concord's new three CD Wattstax '72: Music from the Festival and Film. Two major new rap releases are covered-Common's Finding Forever and Talib Kweli's Eardrum. Also included are Chaka Khan's Funk This!; Carl Allen and Rodney Whitaker's Motown-inspired jazz offering Get Ready; Philly hip hop/neo-soul artist Hezekiah's I Predict a Riot; and veteran Chicago house producer Felix da Housecat's Virgo Blaktro & the Movie Disco. And wrapping up this issue is a look at the 5-part radio series on black choral music, Every Voice and Sing!

Brenda Nelson-Strauss

Archives of African American Music and Culture

Indiana University

bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx>

www.indiana.edu/~aaamc<http://www.indiana.edu/~aaamc>

www.blackgrooves.org<http://www.blackgrooves.org>