[ARSCLIST] Fwd: [AMIA-L] Fwd: [archives] Updated copyright term chart is available

This chart is really useful, and disheartening.

Sam

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rick Prelinger <footage@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Nov 9, 2007 11:18 AM
Subject: [AMIA-L] Fwd: [archives] Updated copyright term chart is available
To: AMIA-L@xxxxxxxxxxx

Peter Hirtle has updated his excellent copyright duration chart, a resource
I recommend to all interested in these issues.

Rick

- - - - -

>Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:03:49 +0000
>To: "Archives & Archivists (A&A) List" <archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>From: Peter Hirtle <pbh6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [archives] Updated copyright term chart is available
>
>A new version of the copyright duration chart, "Copyright Term and the
Public Domain in the United States," is now available at a new URL:
http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/public_domain/.

>The biggest change is that, at the request of a user, two new sections have
been added.  The first is on published and unpublished sound recordings, and
the second is on architectural works.  Other small changes have been made to
clarify some of the problems other readers have identified.  In order to
facilitate printing, a PDF version of the file is available as well.

>As you can tell, the chart is a constant work in progress, and I welcome
corrections or suggestions for improvements.

--

Rick Prelinger
Prelinger Archives    http://www.prelinger.com