Re: [ARSCLIST] the origin of scratchin'

Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 11/8/2007 5:21:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, davlew@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As an "inventor" whose inventions can still be accessed, I suggest "Etudes
des Chemins de Fer" of Pierre Schaffer, recorded in 1948 or so, as being
perhaps the earliest surviving example of turntabling. As it was once
released on a Ducretet-Thomson LP, you may even be able to find it in your
own corporate library.

IIRC, that piece is included in a D-T LP entitled "Musique Concret" (sp?), from the early '50s. I'll have to dig it out.
Don Chichester

Got it here, on DT 93090, Panorama of Musique Concrete. It's in "Three Directions" and given the English title, Sound Effects--Railway Study.

dl