Re: [ARSCLIST] the origin of scratchin'

In a message dated 11/8/2007 5:21:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
davlew@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As an  "inventor" whose inventions can still be accessed, I suggest "Etudes
des  Chemins de Fer" of Pierre Schaffer, recorded in 1948 or so, as  being
perhaps the earliest surviving example of turntabling. As it was  once
released on a Ducretet-Thomson LP, you may even be able to find it in  your
own corporate library.

IIRC, that piece is included in a D-T LP entitled "Musique Concret" (sp?),
from the early '50s.  I'll have to dig it out.

Don Chichester