Re: [ARSCLIST] Ultrasonic Disc Cleaning

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

As you say here,the fact CDs are laminated,would make such a cleaning impractical for CDs.I would never try it on them.There are simpler ways to destroy the little buggers :).

Kurt neither said nor suggested that CDs are laminated - at least in the sense you mean. They are multilayered, but the layer of concern, the top one of acrylic lacquer, must be airtight, not to say watertight. Otherwise the metallic layer beneath would be destroyed quickly and the disc would be unplayable.

I see no reason to believe that ultrasonic cleaning would damage a CD. On the other hand, it is unlikely to do any better than washing by hand.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/