Re: [ARSCLIST] [was ARSCLIST] When you die...

I have a lot of radio transcriptions myself,from Canada,Netherlands,Japan, Germany,South Africa,and yes France.What is the legality of webcasting.or posting MP3 uploads of these in the US ?

                                     Roger

Karl Miller <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have many discs and tapes of performances from the French Broadcasting System. These recordings are PD in France, but I cannot issue them in the US.

  As we have often discussed on this list, due to the economics and legalities involved in making copyrighted material of marginal interest (the costs to issue are likely to exceed the income from sales), those of us in the US are deprived of information that is PD in most of the rest of the world. Again, it is that difficult juggling act which is endemic to a free market society, namely the rights of the individual versus the right to make a buck. As I type this, I am reminded of the often used phrase that the US is the richest nation, however, unfortunately that "richness" does not necessarily apply to the access of information.

  Karl