Re: [ARSCLIST] When you die...

-----Original Message-----
>From Don Cox: "...Everyone is paid the least their employer can get away
with..."

True however when any individual's name on the package drives sales, they
are in the position to choose whoever is willing to pay them the highest
percentage rather than simply an hourly wage. It's no different than a
salesperson demanding a commission.

In a great many cases and contrary to a lot of what gets spouted on the
internet, the artist actually owns the master recording and has only leased
limited replication rights to a record label. In my opinion intellectual
property should never revert into the public domain. It isn't fair to the
artist's heirs and it isn't fair for up and coming artists to be forced to
compete with a large body of free music. The government seizing intellectual
property to subsidize publishers is what I think is truly draconian.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com