Re: [ARSCLIST] 78rpm inner sleeves

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Wise" <jonathan.wise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Dear colleagues,
> I'm curious to know what others are doing to protect their 78rpm
> collections. I've found 10" paper/card/poly outer album sleeves, but I
> haven't been able to find inner sleeves for 78's. Is there a preference
> for using only outer sleeves? If not, does anyone know a supplier of 10"
> inner sleeves?

In the days of 78rpm phonorecords, discs came only in "sleeves!" Given
the relative hardness of shellac (as opposed to polyvinyl plastics),
this was ample protection against the environment/evildoers/evil
terrorist elements/any later threat...!!

In fact, 45rpm polyvinyl discs also came protected by a single outer
"sleeve." I suspect one of the main reasons for the emergence of
LP-album "inner sleeves" was the 144 ft^2 (less the hole...?!) of
advertising space they offered...?!