Re: [ARSCLIST] Modern Cylinder Phonograph

> The Archeophone is the best way to play back cylinders. It's
> the Rolls Royce of cylinder playback machines. Playing back a
> cylinder, using any other method is amateur night at best.
> Recording from a horn! You got to be kidding. Besides the
> Archeophone is very gentle on these old relics. Can't say
> that about the original machines. Sorry Edison.
>
> Adrian Cosentini

The only thing I can add is that the only potentially better way to play
back cylinders might be a non-contact method of extracting the sound from
the grooves. Elimination of *all* mechanical processes in reproducing these
sources would be ideal, if it could be done.

AZS