Re: [ARSCLIST] Bartok booklet

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
His masters are easy to identify...ver-r-ry SLOW runout. He did a lot of early
Folkways LPs as well, didn't he?

Uhh-h-h-h...define yo' terms here...! "Runout," as I understand the term,
refers to the NON-programmatic grooves following the end of the recorded
performance...and these grooves MUST turn at the same speed as the musical
content. Thus, one could have a very LONG "runout"...but NOT a "slow" one...
first, the rpm doesn't change...and second, the "runout" by definition has
NO musical content...! I think you're searching for another term here...
"rideout?," "ending" or wotever...?!

Okay, okay, LONG runout. But because it's a long runout (very close groove spacing as it starts) it takes quite a while for the tonearm to reach the end groove, thus..SLOW.

dl