Re: [ARSCLIST] Bartok booklet

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> His masters are easy to identify...ver-r-ry SLOW runout. He did a lot of early
> Folkways LPs as well, didn't he?

Uhh-h-h-h...define yo' terms here...! "Runout," as I understand the term,
refers to the NON-programmatic grooves following the end of the recorded
performance...and these grooves MUST turn at the same speed as the musical
content. Thus, one could have a very LONG "runout"...but NOT a "slow" one...
first, the rpm doesn't change...and second, the "runout" by definition has
NO musical content...! I think you're searching for another term here...
"rideout?," "ending" or wotever...?!
> Steven Smolian wrote:
> > Starker,
> > Bartok, the fellow who owned Period (whose name escapes me at the
> > moment)  were all Hungarian expatriots.
No! This is a pet peeve of mine! They were "exPATRIATES"...meaning folks
who had been forced to depart their homeland (without much security...?!).
The ONLY time that "expatriates" may also have been "ex-patriots" was when
folks moved up here (Canada) to escape being drafted...! In fact, I
suspect the Hungarians were PATRIOTS...one reason why they left...?!