Re: [ARSCLIST] Bartok booklet

There's only a menu on the right side of the screen here and no LPs listed. Windows XP, Internet Explorer 7.

But, uh, to a larger question, why not just buy the CD's? I'm sure Peter Bartok did a very good mastering job.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Ross" <johnross@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Bartok booklet

Look in the menu on the left side of the screen.

John Ross

At 10/15/2007 03:11 PM, Roger wrote:
http://www.bartokbela.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

The site doesn't list any.
David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
> http://www.bartokbela.com/home.htm I guess they finally sold out
of the vinyl,they were offering a few years back.

>                                      Roger

Says differently here (and in a recent article in Classic Record Collector):

"Many "Long Playing" phonograph records, produced in the years 1949 through
1969, are also available"

dl

> Tom Fine  wrote: Just FYI, for the files of obscure knowledge ...
>
> Peter Bartok was the recording and mastering engineer for most of
the early Caedmon records,
> including the famous series of Dylan Thomas readings. Three of my
personal favorites, all of which I
> think were made by Bartok, are Faulkner, Tennessee Williams and
Eudora Welty reading their works. I
> think all three were reissued by Caedmon's current owner, HarperCollins.
>
> -- Tom Fine

condition (it was in a collection I
>>> picked up a few years ago). No notes, but there's a postcard
inside.,.with 2 cents prepaid..that
>>> says "The purchase of this record album entitles you to a free
copy of a book containing the full
>>> English translation, Hungarian libretto, and other information
regarding this work. Please fill
>>> in the information below, and the book, now in preparation,
will be mailed to you in February,
>>> 1955. Thank you."
>>>
>>> Wonder if Peter Bartok still has copies of the booklet lying
around? (In Florida these days, not
>>> at 135 Central Park West, New York 23.)
>> I encountered a similar offer years ago and slipped the postcard
and a note into the offerer at a
>> current address. Eventually, I received a courteous response: no
booklet, but an appreciative
>> note.
>>
>> I should try it again with some of the libretto offers from
prerecorded tapes where I already had