Re: [ARSCLIST] Concertapes -- what became of it?

In a message dated 10/11/2007 9:31:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Would he  be the guy I once met in a New York office back in the 70s? He was
editing  tape on a Roberts, using Scotch Tape (!)..the result was the Will
Rogers  album on Golden Age (another fine Everest product, and once I saw
that
Roberts I knew why every one of those LPs sounded shitty in  mono).

Was there something inherently wrong with Roberts machines that makes you
say this?

Don Chichester